Monday, February 7, 2011

Kids Are Funny

I just never know what to expect from my girls anymore. They can be the funniest people I know sometimes.

Samantha loves "scaring" us. She'll cover her face and then say "Boo!" as she puts down her hands, in a more deliberate manner so you know she really wants to scare you, not the basic game of peek-a-boo. The other night at the dinner table she and Gabrielle adjusted the game. They would close their eyes, open them suddenly and with a giggly "boo" we were supposed to be scared. It was difficult to feign being frightened through our laughter. Each time Samantha closed her eyes the laughter would burst out. She wanted to close her eyes but still see everything that was going on. This picture doesn't really come close to capturing the actual expression on her face but after several attempts this was the best one out of the bunch.



This next photo cracked us up as well. Gabrielle decided to sit and relax and read a book. Samantha, ever the copycat, thought this to be a good idea as well. So here they are, feet propped up on their little table, reading.



When kids are honest, you know - that blunt kind of honesty, it usually turns out to be downright funny. Twice today Gabrielle not so subtly put me in my place and ratted me out. The first time, we were making Valentines for her school friends. I guess by the 9th one she had finally reached her limit with my gentle suggestions and advice on writing her name.

She says, "Don't tell me what to do. I already know. You can just sit in the chair over there and watch."

Well, I certainly took the hint. She did the remaining Valentines all on her own and I kept my suggestions and comments to myself.



When we came home from a visit with my sister recently we brought back a storage bin of spring and summer clothes, an entire wardrobe of awesome hand-me-downs from my nieces for Gabrielle to wear this year. There were a few cold weather items thrown in as well, one of which was a purple bath robe. I could not even begin to describe Gabrielle's excitement over this particular item (the monkey panties were very exciting as well). She immediately hung it on her closet door and could not wait to put it on after her bath tonight. She put it on after bath and kept it on while Ed dried her hair. I then overheard the following question to Ed from Gabrielle:

"Can I wear my robe during the day like Mommy sometimes does?"



I mean, come on, I don't lay around in my robe all day. Maybe half the day sometimes, but not everyday. Ha! I'm certain Ed now believes I throw myself together an hour before he gets home from work everyday.

No comments: