Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is it really the second week of June already? Why do I get the feeling the summer is going to fly by before I know it?

Last Saturday we went to one of our nephew's 5th birthday party. Dominic's birthday was actually in May but the poor little guy was sick with pneumonia which obviously postponed the party. It was a hot day but no one seemed to mind and everyone had a lot of fun.

From My Little Sunbeams

After a while of playing in the sandbox, Aunt T and Uncle Nick led the group in a sing along.

From My Little Sunbeams

Some of the kids - Dominic and Gabrielle being two of them - "accompanied" Uncle Nick's guitar playing with various instruments. Gabrielle LOVED this!

From My Little Sunbeams

After cake Uncle Nick made balloon hats for everyone.

We all went home tired, sweaty and full of cake!

Other than the birthday party we've been taking it easy just as I had wanted (maybe a little too easy at times since I am behind on everything!!). Last week I bought Samantha her first coloring book and crayons. Gabrielle loves to color and draw and Samantha is always trying to join her so I thought it was time to get her own supplies. I think she really enjoyed coloring but she is still more interested in holding as many crayons as she can at one time and of course there is the occasional tasting of crayons!
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


I can't believe how big Samantha is getting and how grown up she is starting to look. I know a couple of years from now as I look back on photos I will see that yes, right now she definitely still looks like a baby - I do that now with Gabrielle's photos. I look back at photos from when she was 18 months and 2 years old and see what a little thing she still was even though I can remember thinking at the time how big and grown she looked. But there are days recently I can't believe Samantha is officially a toddler. Last summer which seems like last month she was a tiny bald little munchkin who spent most of her time in the baby swing, bouncy seat or my arms. Now she is a chubby little walking, talking, climbing munchkin with enough hair to wear piggy tails!!
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

Not great photos of her piggy tails but it is next to impossible to get her to be still for more than a split second!

No comments: