Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me!


I can't believe it - I've been blogging for a year now. To be exact my first post was July 7, 2009. I know, I know, I've been pretty slack for the past month. I'm going to try my best to get caught up over the next few days. We have a very busy July ahead of us and if I don't catch up now it might not ever happen.

Since my last post we had Vacation Bible School at our church. Our theme was Egypt: From Prison to Palace where we learned about Joseph's story. Gabrielle LOVED it and was so sad when it was over. She still sings the songs she learned that week and talks about various activities she did. I wish I had a bunch of pictures but I was a family group assistant to a different group than Gabrielle so I wasn't really able to get any photos. But here is a photo that was taken one night at VBS to go inside a frame we made as one of our crafts:

Three members of the church who are photographers attended VBS every night taking hundreds of photos of everyone and everything going on. They put together a really neat slide show. The collar Gabrielle is wearing in the photo was another craft. The blue sash was part of her family group. I had planned on taking a picture of her photo inside the frame she made but the frame fell off her dresser and broke into 4 pieces. Gabrielle was terribly upset but it's nothing a little wood glue won't fix. Her family leader told me Gabrielle informed them the first night of VBS that she "loved crafts" and that was her favorite thing to do. And it showed - she had more jewels and gems and bling (and glue) than probably anyone else.

I think I mentioned in a previous post about our air condition not working. This is what we were using just trying to cope with the heat until we could get someone to come out and look at our system:
And this is where Gabrielle and I slept one night:
I put a floor fan in Samantha's room to try to keep her somewhat cool. It really was absolutely miserable. A couple of days after this photo was taken I packed myself and the girls up and we headed to Meemaw's for a few days. We had to get away from the heat. I felt bad about leaving Ed but we actually had a temporary fix done to the air condition the day I left so I didn't have to leave him in the heat after all. And I spent the night before and morning of leaving cooking enough meals for him. So far the temporary fix (filling up the freon even though there is a leak) is still holding strong. We're keeping our fingers crossed it will last through the summer and hopefully early fall we can replace the unit.

For four days at my mom's we did a whole lot of nothing - it was awesome!!


Samantha and Gabrielle enjoyed Meemaw's chocolate chip cookies (and I had a few as well - ok so maybe I had a lot!!!).

And Gabrielle and Meemaw played a little Connect Four. Gabrielle definitely didn't understand the rules. I tried to help but she wanted to play by her own rules of course.

Samantha is napping right now and Gabrielle is eagerly yet patiently waiting for me to come play a My Little Pony game with her. I better not keep her or the ponies waiting any longer. :)

No comments: