Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Busy, Busy Week

And I can already tell the weeks to come will be busy as well!

Last week was not only the first week of school for Gabrielle but ballet started back up again as well. She was very excited. We are signed up for a night class this year and the atmosphere at the dance studio is quite different! Last year we had a Wednesday morning class and there were only two other little girls in Gabrielle's class. It was very quiet and relaxed. This year she is one of eight in the class and all the studios are full with classes. With such full classes the waiting rooms and hallways are full of parents and sibling as well. It is anything but quiet and relaxed. Gabrielle enjoyed her class though and while I wish at least one of the girls from last year could have been in there with her, I'm sure she'll make some new friends.

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


On Saturday we had a birthday party to go to - Will, one of Gabrielle's friends. He had a monster truck themed party and as a surprise they had a monster truck bounce house. It was very cool and as we walked to the car after the party Gabrielle talked about how much fun she had. I wish I had remembered my camera!!

Ed and I had an early birthday surprise for Gabrielle that afternoon. We took her to Lowe's to pick out paint swatches for her Barbie house and then went to Toys'r'us to let her pick out some furniture as well. The house is one my daddy made for me. It is one of the few childhood toys I saved and I'm so glad I did. After being stored all these years it definitely needs some work but I think once it is done, both girls will have as much fun with it as I did as a child.

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

Some how in addition to the Barbie furniture I was talked into also getting this big stuffed Rainbow Dash as an early birthday gift. She loves, loves My Little Pony and loves, loves, loves stuffed animals. I really couldn't say no!! I'm a sucker!

Today was a busy and exciting day as well. Instead of going from Sunday School to the nursery, Gabrielle is now old enough to go to "big church" and then Kids' Kingdom. She was very excited because her friend Lilly has been old enough for a couple of months now and Gabrielle was missing having her friend in the nursery. Gabrielle did surprisingly well during church before it was time for Kids' Kingdom. Tonight she went to her first practice of Children's Choir at church as well. I was really excited for her and she was all smiles when I picked her up. I can not wait for the Children's Christmas Cantata this year to see my little girl up on stage singing her little heart out!!!

From My Little Sunbeams

Trying to be fair we bought Samantha a Pound Puppy while we were at Toys'r'us. I was trying to get her picture holding her new puppy but instead got several shots of her making this face after throwing down her puppy! LOL

So I guess this is what our fall is going to look like - busy, busy, busy!!! But fun, fun, and more fun for sure!!!

On Thursday while Gabrielle was in school Samantha and I did some grocery shopping at Target. I had two hours to do shopping with just one child with me - it was a surreal experience! I took my time browsing and found these cute backpacks on clearance. They were marked down to $3.74!! At first I only had one in the cart but I could tell Samantha was getting really attached to it so I ended up picking another one up even though right now it is way too big for Samantha. I figure it would be a good car bag or trip bag until she grows into it. But of course when Gabrielle is toting her bag Samantha has to be just like big sister!!
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


And for the last photo I just had to share, here is Samantha in the driver's seat picking up Gabrielle from school on Thursday. :)
From My Little Sunbeams

No comments: