Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Allergies & Colds

This week our family is either dealing with fall allergies or passing around a cold - I'm still undecided which it may be. But to play it safe I kept Gabrielle home from school yesterday and canceled a play date for today. This means I've had to find ways to try to keep everyone busy and happy.

Yesterday I let the girls paint. This was a first for Samantha. The first thing Samantha did of course was put her fingers in her mouth to taste the paint. After crying and spitting - apparently finger paint is not tasty - she had fun getting creative and messy.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle loves all activities artsy and crafty. Yesterday she was experimenting mixing her colors together to see what "new" colors she could create.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


And here are the masterpieces on display on the fridge -

From My Little Sunbeams


Two things about the photo below crack me up. First Samantha is such a copy cat and has to be just like her big sister so now she will only eat her banana if I let her hold it in the peel and all. Second, every time she sees a camera lately she makes this cheesy grin and says "cheeeee". She is such a little clown!

From My Little Sunbeams


This morning our keeping busy activity was play-doh - another first for Samantha. She actually accidentally got a hold of a piece of play-doh at our first trip to the lake with our friend Casey. Of course it immediately went into her mouth and once again must have tasted horrible. Today she did a little better. She did have a small taste at first, once again did not like it, but for the rest of play-doh time kept it away from her mouth. She not capable of doing much with it yet but she had fun trying - and then had fun throwing everything on to the floor.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


No comments: