Friday, October 1, 2010

Cake, Ponies, & Barbies!!

September was a busy, busy month. Gabrielle started preschool. Ballet resumed. Then we were all out sick for a week as a nasty cold ran its course through our family. Then it was birthday and anniversary time!!

We had a mini-birthday celebration at GrandDad's with Aunt T, Uncle Nick and cousin Domi. GrandDad even surprised the birthday girl with a very cute - and very delicious - cake.

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


Since school started Gabrielle talked nonstop about her conductor day - her special day in which she gets to be the conductor of her class. As conductor you provide snack for your classmates, pass out the snack, stand first in line, ring the bell, help the teacher and most importantly of course you get to bring home Little Bear!! The conductors will rotate throughout the school year but Gabrielle's teacher also tries to assign each child's conductor day as close to their birthday as she can. Gabrielle was so excited on her day! She just couldn't wait.

This was the special birthday snack Gabrielle took for her class. The color of the day was red so we added some yummy strawberries to our mini cupcakes.
From My Little Sunbeams


This is Little Bear in his special travel bag. I wish I had a photo of Gabrielle as I picked her up from school. Her sweet little face was beaming!
From My Little Sunbeams


Little Bear, Gabrielle and Meemaw. Gabrielle is wearing her special "I am 4 today" birthday hat her teacher made her. (I really have got to get a keepsake box soon for all this cute school stuff!!)
From My Little Sunbeams


And then finally Gabrielle's My Little Pony birthday party arrived. Here is her invitation -
From Desktop


We had rainbow cupcakes -
From My Little Sunbeams


The birthday girl and her Pony cake just after I finished it -
From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Pony themed food -
From My Little Sunbeams

We had "Sweetie Belle's Crunchy Munchies", "Pinkie Pie's Perfectly Pink Lemonade", "Scootaloo's Tutti Fruiti" and the favorite -

"Rainbow Dash's Crazy Cornfetti"
From My Little Sunbeams

Delicious gourmet popcorn from Palsie's.

Pinkie Pie (pull string) pinata -
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


And a special pony craft designed and made especially for Gabrielle's party by my friend Casey, owner of Ready Craft Packs -
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle had so much fun - hopefully all of her guests did as well! Our trash can was full - and I mean full - of My Little Pony and Barbie boxes. With the rainy weather this week it was great to have all the new toys to keep the girls busy.

Ed and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Our anniversary is the day before Gabrielle's birthday. Since Meemaw was visiting for the party we were able to get out for a nice dinner Saturday night. Thanks Meemaw!!

No comments: