Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm back!!

In my last post when I said I didn't know when I would be able to post again I had no idea it would be two weeks! It has been quite hectic around here. I can not imagine what it will be like as the holidays draw even closer.

A brief update on all that has been going on...

Samantha had her 6 month checkup. I still can't believe she is 6 months old already! What I knew to be true was confirmed - Samantha is a big, big girl!! She is 27-1/2 inches tall and 18 lbs. 13 ounces!! Can you believe she is almost 19 lbs!!! Since her visit was two weeks she is most likely 19 lbs. by now. Such a big girl!

Samantha has been working really hard to get on her knees as well. She travels quite well around the house with rolling and doing a sort of army crawl and pushing and pulling with her legs and arms on the furniture around her. She gets into everything - already. Once she is crawling I will definitely have to set the playpen up again to contain her when I can't keep my eye on her. She is going to be handful! She hasn't quite gotten completely on her knees but yesterday came the closest to it so far. I joke that her belly is to big to lift off the floor.

Gabrielle has been up to her usual. We're dealing with the "trying three's" at the moment. Eventually this phase will end and we'll have our sweet, good listener back - right????

This week I took the girls to have their portrait made. It was Samantha's 6 month portrait, Gabrielle's 3 year portrait and their first picture together. The session got off to a rough start but we came home with some very cute photos so I'm happy. Unfortunately I was not able to get a cd of the pictures or else I would definitely post them. If only I had a scanner!! (hint, hint Santa)

Life is still very busy so it may be a few days before I am able to post again but hopefully I won't be gone quite so long this time. Until then here are some photos of the girls recently...


Gabrielle and Samantha are able to really play together more and more. There have even been times when Gabrielle has asked if Samantha can play with her in her room.


Gabrielle playing in Ed's shoes. The girl LOVES shoes!

It's kind of difficult to tell from this picture but Samantha is actually holding herself up off the floor. Her right leg isn't quite turned out but she is getting closer.

She is getting more and more determined to get to things out of her reach. I don't think any of us are ready for a crawler yet though!

blog signature

No comments: