Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick-or-Treatin' Fun!

It was a very busy weekend and I have a very busy week ahead but I wanted to take a few minutes to post some Halloween pics especially since I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to post anything after this.

We went to Ed's hometown for the weekend to visit Ed's dad. On Saturday night we dressed the girls up and took them trick-or-treating in Ed's old neighborhood. I thought it was kind of cool for the girls to go to the same houses and some of the same people that Ed did as a child. Gabrielle loved it and kept saying "I want all the treats!" Samantha only made it to the third house. As we were standing on the porch talking to some family friends she passed out on my shoulder. Poor thing!! I wish we had the camera with us at that point because she looked absolutely pitiful!

All in all it was a fun and successful Halloween. We now have more candy than any toddler could ever eat and way too much temptation for this Momma!

This photo was taken at Walmart. Ed and his dad were printing some pictures and Walmart had this set up. The girl working the photo lab came over and offered to take Gabrielle's picture as well. They gave us a free 5x7 which actually is much better than this one that I took.

Samantha the panda and Gabrielle as Angelina Ballerina. I pinned a pink bow on Samantha's costume but very few people noticed it so she was called "little buddy", "little brother", and "he" all night. Oh well! Next year I'll make sure she is dressed a little more girly.

Gabrielle kept asking us what we were dressing up as. I decided we were going as exhausted, overtired, overworked parents. Ha ha ha! Maybe next year I'll try to be a little more creative with my costume but I highly doubt I can get Ed to dress up as anything other than himself. Notice in the picture at 6 months Samantha is already trying to get into her sister's stuff. Only a small hint of what's to come I'm sure!

blog signature

No comments: