Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's Up March?

I have decided March is an off month for me. "Off" meaning I get in a slump and just can't get myself out. Last year I took two photos the whole month of March. Two!! And those photos were of myself after getting my haircut. The slump doesn't have to do with only photos but I know if I'm not taking photos regularly then apparently there isn't much going on around here.

After doing some thinking I've decided March is a difficult month. I am so over the cold and winter but in March we have just enough nice days to tease. Spring is just around the corner but it feels like it will never get here. In March we're sort of between holidays and birthdays in our immediate family. There simply is not a lot of action around here.

March is almost half way over and I can see the end of the month being better than the first half - thankfully!

So what have we been up to since my last post? We had a yard sale last Saturday. It was COLD while we were setting up at 6:00 am and still pretty cold even at 10:00. We did not have a ton of traffic but the people who did come for the most part bought quite a bit. Most of the items that were left were packed up and dropped off at Goodwill. There were a few baby items I was not quite ready to donate so they are packed up in the attic until I find someone who could really use them.

My mom came to help with the yard sale. She stayed inside most of the time with the girls, keeping them fed and busy. Gabrielle did fairly well with the fact we were getting rid of some of her things. Some toys she freely gave up while others she resisted a little more about. I only put out the toys she truly did not play with anymore and the toys we do not have room for anymore. There were one or two items after not selling I brought back in and let her have so she was pretty happy. As promised I gave her a little bit of the money and she bought a Disney Princess jump rope later that day.

Samantha's first top tooth has finally cut all the way through. Instead of teething issues I am now having to listen to her grind her teeth. The sound sends shivers down my spine! She is still being an incredibly picky eater. We are done with baby food except for some baby cereal and fruit in the mornings. The few food choices she does like she can eat a lot of but I'm having a really difficult time even getting her to try new things. Texture is big issue with her so if it feels funny in her fingers it probably isn't going to make it to her mouth. All I can do is keep offering different foods in hopes that she will try and decide she likes more of a variety!

Ed and I are both exhausted lately. We are dealing with some sleep issues with the girls and some testing issues with Gabrielle. I keep telling myself it is phase and will eventually end but in the mean time I'm stretched pretty thin as far as patience goes. Last night Ed and I got a much needed night out though. I emailed Tammy, my sister-in-law, on Wednesday with a last minute request of babysitting. Can I tell you I let out this huge sigh of relief when she emailed back that she could come over Friday night? Ed and I went out to dinner - sushi - and it was delicious!! Then we went to a movie and saw "Green Zone". It was really good too. After the movie we stopped by a new sweets shop next to the restaurant where we had dinner. The sweets shop and all kinds of candy and fudge and shaved ice and some really cute metal lunch boxes. I now have to go back before Easter and get a My Little Pony lunch box for Gabrielle. She will LOVE it! Ed and I each got a small piece of fudge and then headed home. The night out ended great when we came home and both girls were sound asleep! Thanks Aunt Tammy!!

I don't know if anyone missed my posts and ramblings but I'm sure some of you missed seeing some photos of the girls so here are a few from the past week or so...


Samantha "trying" out pizza for the first time -
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle loves to dress up! She loves all things pink and girly -
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle also loves her baseball hats. I think she gets that from Ed. We took Ed lunch this week while he was at work. After lunch we walked around the warehouse and the property for a little bit. Gabrielle got a kick out of the pond.
From My Little Sunbeams


Samantha playing in the grass. She only tried to eat it twice. She'll try to put grass in her mouth yet she won't try mashed potatoes? I don't get it...
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle and her new jump rope -
From My Little Sunbeams


Samantha was exhausted from having lunch with Ed and then playing outside. After playing with a couple of bites of enchilada she finally gave in -
From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle all frillied up once again, this time for ballet -
From My Little Sunbeams


Samantha loves baby dolls. She is giving one of Gabrielle's dolls a big fat kiss here -
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle, future "baby wearer". She informed me yesterday morning she needed a "string" to put her baby around her neck.
From My Little Sunbeams


We bought the new Barbie movie this week - "Barbie and a Mermaid's Tale." In the movie the Barbie is half mermaid, half human. When her mom, the mermaid, brought her to shore to find a human to take care of her, she had the baby in a sling which is why Gabrielle wanted a sling for her baby. Since seeing the movie she also wants to be a surfer girl.

I think that pretty much catches up on our "goings on". I'm really going to make an effort to blog more frequently. I have really missed it! So hopefully if you check back in a couple of days there will be a new post and new photos. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: