Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Munchkins

I don't know about the rest of you but the past 4-5 days has felt like two weeks to me!! Finally today we got out of the house for a little bit. It wasn't much but at least it was something. I actually showered, fixed my hair and put on makeup. (And just to clarify, I have showered the past few days but didn't worry about my hair or makeup and wore sweats the whole time.)

Samantha had her 9 month appointment this morning. I was still nervous about driving since our neighborhood has not been cleared at all so Ed came home from work to take us all to the doctor. It was a nice treat. Samantha's appointment went great. She did not have to get any shots today which is always a plus. We found out she is even bigger than we thought. She weighs 22 lbs 11.5 oz and is 30-1/4" tall!! Gabrielle was a big girl too so I guess we weren't that surprised. The doctor was happy with everything Samantha is doing as well. She is a busy, busy girl. She loves to clap now when you cheer "yay". Her favorite game is peek-a-boo. She crawls all over the house, mostly following around Gabrielle. She also pulls up to everything. She rarely just sits anymore. The past couple of mornings I have found her standing in her crib. She loves standing but hasn't figured out how to get back down yet. When she is tired of standing she usually fusses until someone gets to her to help and if we don't get there in time usually she takes a little tumble which she is very unhappy about.

Gabrielle was quite funny today during the doctor appointment. She decided to take her doctor kit so she could help with Samantha's check up. All morning while we were waiting for Ed she held her little bag and had her stethoscope around her neck. Our pediatrician is so good too. She took so much time with us and let Gabrielle have a turn with everything. Dr. Yemisi would listen to Samantha's heart and then Gabrielle would use her own stethoscope to listen as well and so on. Dr. Yemisi thought it was very cute.

We got back out in the snow on Sunday. Ed and Gabrielle were out there for quite a while. Samantha and I joined them for a few minutes as well. I had see on one of the blogs I read a laundry basket being used as a sled for the kids. I thought it was a great idea so we did the same! The girls liked it for the most part but Samantha is still kind of young to really get anything out of something like that and Gabrielle isn't quite as adventurous as other kids. But we did have fun and Gabrielle loves, loves, loves the snow! I was excited about the snow Friday night, Saturday and even on Sunday. Now, I'm ready for it to be GONE!

So here are some pictures from the past few days...

Snow Pictures -



Ed and I taking turns shoveling the driveway -


Yesterday Samantha turned 9 months. I am not taking her anywhere to get professional pictures made but decided just for the fun of it to dress the girls up and try to get some decent photos of them myself. Here is a collage of my favorite shots.


And for my favorite photo of my two girls together -


If you haven't already be sure to check out my photo blog for a very cute video clip of Samantha.

No comments: