Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland

As I opened the back door this morning at 5:30 to let the dogs out this is what I saw...


Most of the day was spent relaxing inside in our pajamas...


A certain little girl was getting very antsy about going outside to play in the snow so after lunch we all bundled up in layers and layers and layers of shirts, pants, socks, gloves, hats, coats and the pathetic choice of "snow" shoes we have...


and we headed out...


I couldn't believe how deep it was on our deck. Wind was blowing the snow off the roof onto the deck leaving drifts of at least 12" or more in areas. We ended up getting about 4" of dry snow topped off with about 1-1/2" of sleet. It was still sleeting when we went outside so the outing was a short one.


Samantha and I came back inside after about 5 minutes but I took a few pictures from the kitchen windows.



Bella loved the snow but she was having a hard time running and getting around because it was about half as deep as she is tall so Ed sent her in shortly after Samantha and I came in. She cried and cried to go back out and play though.

I think maybe Samantha wanted to go back out too.

And after about 15 minutes Ed and Gabrielle came inside as well for some cupcakes and hot chocolate. Yummy!

We promised Gabrielle she could go out tomorrow and play for a little longer. We'll try to make a snowman and she keeps talking about making snow angels. Hopefully I'll get some better photos as well especially of Samantha out in her first snow.

The rest of the day was spent napping and more being lazy. I am looking forward to another day of the same tomorrow!

No comments: