Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring or Summer??

If I went by the temps here the past couple of days I would have to say it is summer here and not spring. I'm actually looking forward to some slightly cooler temperatures this weekend. The pollen is absolutely horrible right now so I guess even if it wasn't so hot we wouldn't be spending too much time outside anyway.

Last night Gabrielle brought me her Snow White dress to put on Samantha. Gabrielle was being Sleeping Beauty and needed another princess to play with. How cute are they? I can tell I will have to expand our dress up collection very soon.

From My Little Sunbeams


Today we did go outside for a little bit. There is a new park in Wake Forest I wanted to check out.

From My Little Sunbeams


Isn't is beautiful? It is 117 acre farm the town Wake Forest purchased a few years back. Only phase one has been completed which involved 3 miles of walking/bike paths, preserving the old farm buildings like the chicken coop and tobacco barn, and an amphitheater. If phase two were done which will include a playground and I think picnic shelters it would be the absolute ideal place for Samantha's birthday party. Maybe it will be done in time for Gabrielle's birthday.

From My Little Sunbeams


Anyway, we went on a hot but leisurely stroll and stopped to swing in what Gabrielle keeps calling a "chair swing".

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


I started cooking dinner when we got home. As I peaked in the living room to check on the girls I saw Samantha had finally accomplished a task she has been working on for a couple of weeks now. She finally figured out how to crawl completely in the fireplace to sit down. Ed took our logs and things out of the fireplace a couple of years ago. We never used the fireplace - never even had the gas hooked up - and for whatever reason he wanted the logs and everything else to be boxed up and stored. (I have already told him I'd like them put back in and the gas actually hooked up next winter. After such a cold winter this year I think a fire every now and then would be really nice.) Anyway, back to the point - Samantha sat here for quite a while trying to pull more toys in with her but never quite managed to figure that one out.

From My Little Sunbeams


Tomorrow I'm hoping for a nice downpour of rain all day to get rid of at least some of this pollen. And hopefully I'll get the cleaning done I haven't managed to do yet this week.

No comments: