Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

No, I have not completely abandoned my blogs - although it probably seems that way to everyone. Right now I'm really struggling with balancing everything and hope to do better, posting at least once a week.

I hope everyone had a happy Easter. We had a very nice weekend - very busy, but very nice! We're loving, loving, loving the weather right now and are trying to take full advantage of it by playing outside and grilling out.

A quick update on the girls -

Samantha has become less picky of an eater. I would say she is still a particular eater but she is getting better. She now likes pancakes, waffles, grilled cheese, any kind of pasta, strawberries, peaches and grapes as well as a few other items. We have seen her stand by herself a handful of times now for a few seconds. As soon as she realizes she is standing she immediately falls or grabs a hold of something. She has now figured out how to scream. Not a crying scream but a temper tantrum kind of scream and seems to enjoy throwing these tantrums on a regular basis. When she is trying to be pitiful she lays down on the floor with her face down. It is quite a site and eventually I'll get a photo. But she is also a happy baby, smiling, laughing and quite a copycat.

Gabrielle is definitely becoming a big girl. She certainly has no problem expressing her opinion and we're struggling our way through dealing with this new independence. She loves all things pink and Princess and is quite the girlie-girl. She loves to play outside but does not like getting really dirty. She is still loving ballet and is getting really excited about her "big show" in May.

After a few days in a row of running errands I decided last Thursday we were not going anywhere and were going to spend the entire day outside. The girls played hard!

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


We spent all morning outside. After lunch I cleaned the girls up, put them in their VBS shirts from last summer and put them down for long naps.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Easter Sunday before church -

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Amazingly I thought to take the camera to church so we could get someone to take a photo of all of us together.

From My Little Sunbeams


After lunch Ed made a trip to Sear's to buy himself an Easter gift. Now the girls and I don't have to play in tall grass this spring and summer. (smile)

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


On Saturday we went to my niece's 9th birthday party. Gabrielle loved being at such a big girl party. They decorated tote bags and there was even someone there to paint toenails. Gabrielle chose pink of course and a little flower for her big toes. She is quite proud of fancy feet.

From My Little Sunbeams


Ed hid some eggs in the backyard for the girls. Samantha was not interested or impressed with the idea at all. Every time I put her down to pick up an egg she threw a tantrum.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle loved every minute of it and did not seem to mind at all not having to share any of the eggs with Samantha.

From My Little Sunbeams


Samantha does enjoy dumping the bucket of plastic eggs everywhere and quite frequently though!

From My Little Sunbeams






No comments: