Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August

Our August has been fairly uneventful. It is too hot to spend much time outside and if the heat was not enough we've had some crazy thunderstorms lately. I have spent most of my days getting caught up on cleaning after being gone so much in July. We are finally back into a somewhat normal routine but of course in just a few weeks our "normal" will change with Gabrielle starting school and all of the other many fall activities. Already seeing how busy our fall will quickly become I'm trying to keep most of our days as relaxed as I can.

Samantha had her 15 month appointment last week and it did not take long for our pediatrician to guess that Samantha is quite the climber. She can get on anything and everything. Just the other day I entered the living room from the kitchen to see this -

From My Little Sunbeams


I guess Samantha had some emailing to get caught up. She was clicking away with the mouse.

Playing dress up has been a continued playtime event since getting home from my sister's. In cleaning last week I straightened up the dress up box and added another basket to store stuff in. Everything had been stuffed and crammed into one little box making finding the perfect matching shoes and outfit difficult. Now that all the shiny glittery princess and ballerina outfits, shoes and accessories are easier to find the girls are enjoying it all much more.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


We have a new visitor at the house. Well, I guess she really is not a visitor anymore since she has been around for about a month now. Each time I go out to our freezer this is who I see -

From My Little Sunbeams


Ed says she is harmless and a "good" spider to have around. I'm still not convinced. She is scary looking and is getting really, really big and fat. I'm afraid there will be babies soon which means more of these!!! When I figure out how to get a photo of Miss Spider near something for size comparison without having to get that close to her I'll post another photo but for now you'll have to trust me when I say she is enormous!!! I'll be happy when she decides to move!

No comments: