Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation Highlights

I am way behind on blogging and I know at this point it is probably pointless to get caught up. Because I still want to share some photos from our crazy busy month I'll just post those with a few highlights.

We went on our first family vacation this year - the start of a new yearly tradition I hope. We took the girls to Busch Gardens where they now have Sesame Place. We had lunch with Elmo and friends, got wet at the splash pad and rode some rides. We all had so much fun!

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

Samantha only liked the characters if they kept their distance.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

Elmo cupcakes after lunch.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

Ed was in line to ride this one with Gabrielle but she informed him she wanted to ride by herself.

From My Little Sunbeams

Samantha did not want to get wet I guess.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

Gabrielle's favorite character Zoe. She had already met Zoe earlier but after buying her 'little Zoe' from the gift shop she insisted on going back to show 'Big Zoe'.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


Yes, Samantha was on vacation with us. As I mentioned earlier she did not like the characters to get too close. While Gabrielle was meeting everyone in the photos above this is what Samantha was doing -
From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


I think we definitely will have to make another trip to Sesame Place - maybe next time the original and bigger Sesame Place in PA. Hopefully next time Samantha will be as excited to see the characters in person as she is when she sees photos or Sesame Street on tv.

It was a very long and very hot day - we were at the park for 12 hours, literally from the time the gates opened until they closed. We had no catastrophes - no meltdowns, no injuries, no lost stuff - the day could not have gone better. OK, well maybe it would have been better if it had not been so hot but other than that a perfect day and perfect first family vacation.

No comments: