Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflecting on 2009

Crazy! Another year has gone by and I'm not sure where the time went. As I think back on the past year I realize I have a lot to be thankful for and I realize there is still plenty of room for improvement on my part!

We had a lot of ups and downs in 2009. The first part of the year I was a miserable pregnant woman. Ed was working 80 hours a week which left me home alone with a two-year-old A LOT and I was tired and lonely. Ed was beyond exhausted and I knew the stress was taking its toll on him. Like with so many people finances were tight adding to already building stress. But a few months into the year life started to better. Ed's work schedule started to lighten up and he was home more often. By the end of the summer he was able to look back and see the hours and hard work paying off with a new smoothly operating warehouse. On May 1st my miserable pregnancy came to an end with the birth of a beautiful and, more importantly, healthy baby girl!

The last few months of 2009 have been pretty great. We still have challenging days but are adjusting more and more to being a family of four. We are learning to manage our money better so that finances aren't such a big stress factor. Ed still works hard and always will but because of all the work and time he invested earlier in the year is able to be home with us much more. I am so thankful for my family, my friends, my home and my husband's job!

Here is a brief list of things I'd like to do better in 2010:
  1. Be a better mom. I want to be a more patient mom. I want to show more love and compassion and less frustration.
  2. Be a better wife. I want to tell and show Ed just how much I love him and appreciate all that he does for us.
  3. Be a better daughter/sister/friend. Because of my hectic life and somewhat self-centered tendencies, my family and friends get put on the back burner much too often. This year I'd like to remember to send notes more often, to call more often and just be there more often for all the wonderful people in my life.
  4. Be a better Christian. I want to spend more time reading God's word and more time in prayer. I want to not only know God more closely but to also have my life outwardly reflect that relationship.
  5. Be a better mommy to my four-legged babies. Once Gabrielle came along the poor doggies took a backseat in the family. When Samantha came along this year, they were sadly and nearly forgotten. This year I want to do a better job taking care of them and giving them the attention they deserve.
I'm sure there is more I could improve on but this is a start! I really am so lucky to have the life I have. To have my husband, my children and to be able to stay home to take care of them. In 2010 I want to be a more thankful person, a more positive person and realize every day all that God has blessed and given me.

Here is a collage of some of my favorite photos from 2009. Originally I wanted to create a collage using my one favorite photo from each month but it was way too hard to narrow it down that much!!


Happy New Year everyone! I wish everyone a year of peace and happiness!

No comments: