Monday, January 31, 2011

The Happy Sunny Weekend

For the first time in what has to have been months we put on light jackets and played outside this past weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful. If only it would have stuck around for a couple more months. Today was cold and cloudy and the week's forecast is more of the same, except for a strange HI of 71 with slight chance of light rain in the middle of the week. I'm not sure what that day is all about.

I made a few discoveries while outside with the girls...


Gabrielle has without a doubt outgrown her tricycle and is ready for a big girl bicycle.

And Samantha is terrified of swings. This one really boggles me because Samantha used to love swings. I mean LOVE swings. For the first 6 months of her life if I was not holding her during the day, she was in the baby swing. It was the only way I could get her to sleep for any length of time and the only way I was able to do anything with Gabrielle or around the house. I wish I had counted the number of C batteries we went through with that swing! Even last summer she loved the baby swing on our swing set. It was the only way I was able to play with Gabrielle. In the swing I didn't have to worry about Samantha climbing on something and falling and getting hurt. I did not have to worry about her putting something completely disgusting and not meant to be ingested in her mouth. And she was happy. A few pushes here and there to keep her going and she would laugh and smile the entire time.

This time I put her in the swing, gave her two gentle pushes and then SCREAMING!!

"Out, out, out!!! Stop, stop, stop!!!"

Samantha does enjoy, however, climbing and sliding, climbing and sliding, climbing and sliding. I will definitely have to stay alert and on my toes this spring and summer.



Gabrielle may be too big for the tricycle but it is the perfect size for Samantha. I figure by her birthday she will have the pedaling part down. Then we'll have to work on steering!!


A little help from big sister.


Moon sand - definitely an outdoor activity.


Moon sand doggy.


Moon sand = messy, messy, messy!


Another messy activity but oh so much fun!


Gabrielle turned my dog into Rudolph. She definitely still has Christmas on her mind.


Chalk everywhere - clothes, shoes, hands and even faces.


At least Samantha is not eating the chalk this year. That's a plus.


Our family.


"Cheeeeeeese!"


I think Gabrielle is going to love the swings this year. She was just starting to enjoy them last year and now she is strong enough and coordinated enough to actually pump her legs and keep herself going - somewhat.


Something else Samantha loves - her pockets!



No comments: