Monday, January 31, 2011

"One Thousand Gifts" Trailer

I mentioned a couple of posts back the book "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. I joined the {In}Courage Bloom online book club which starts this Sunday discussing the book. I am about half way through the book and all I can say is this -

This is probably the most beautifully written book I may have ever read. And it will change you. Change the way you think. Change the way you notice the world around you. Change the way you live. Don't misunderstand me here. This is not a self-help, how to be happy, just follow these steps and do this kind of book. Believe me, it is nothing like that. But it does make you think. Or at least it has made me think. Think about all the little things we have to be thankful for, to start noticing all of the gifts God has blessed me with, even on the really bad days, the darkest moments of our lives, there is good and there are gifts to be thankful for.

Here is a trailer for the book:

No comments: