Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Post Brought to You by...


the letter I!

Last week Samantha started going to Parents Morning Out through our church. She goes every Thursday morning for three hours. They do various activities from learning letters, Bible stories, crafts, music and of course playing.



Gabrielle was a little disappointed she did not get to go. I could have signed her up as well but with her going to preschool five days next year I thought it would be nice to have some one on one time this summer. It is tempting to take advantage of those few hours with just one child and run errands and other various tasks but I'm determined to keep all of our activities centered around Gabrielle and what she wants to do.



Last week Gabrielle and I baked some zucchini bread. Then she wanted to play with play doh.



This week I took her to get her hair cut. How cute is she with this style?!?!



After her hair cut, we went to Target and looked at books for a few minutes. Then we purchased a really inexpensive craft kit which had all the supplies and instructions for 7 days worth of crafts. Today Gabrielle used the clay to make an adorable little ladybug.



I think PMO is going to be a great thing for all of us this summer. Samantha is getting an opportunity to do her own thing, having fun, making new friends and gaining more independence. Gabrielle and I are getting a chance to do some fun stuff that is more difficult to do with a little sister around. However, for the first two weeks at least, Gabrielle has asked about every 20 minutes if it was time to pick up Samantha yet. I know she is having fun but it is sweet that she does miss her sister too.

In the fall when both PMO and preschool start back up I will get three hours a week just to myself!! Whatever in the world am I going to do! (read with strong sarcasm!!) I'm pretty certain I'll have no problem filling the time!!

No comments: