Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Pancake Mix

We love pancakes. Especially the girls. They are forever wanting pancakes for breakfast. We love having pancakes for dinner around here too. I don't mind terribly using a pre-made mix when in a pinch but I definitely prefer homemade pancakes. But let's face it sometimes I am just too tired or in too much of a hurry, like in the mornings getting ready for school and work, to measure out everything and make pancakes from scratch. So when I stumbled upon this recipe, I got a little excited.

When planning out our menu for the week I wanted pancakes one night for dinner. On days I go into the office none of us get home before 5:00. The evenings always feel rushed. I need quick dinners to make and preferably dinners with easy cleanup as well. Breakfast for dinner always is a good option to meet that criteria.

This week I wanted lemon blueberry pancakes. So I went to my latest go-to website for new recipes - Pinterest of course. One of my search results was for lemon ricotta blueberry pancakes. Sounded even better! I went to the recipe source and that is when I stumbled upon the homemade pancake mix. The creator of this lemon ricotta blueberry pancake makes a batch of her own buttermilk pancake mix.

So last night I mixed up my dry ingredients for the mix.


And today I added the wet ingredients and the "flavor" ingredients.


The pancakes were a hit. A BIG hit!! As in between the 4 of us we ate I believe 21 pancakes!! We have ZERO leftover.

I still have enough of the mix for probably 3 more batches of pancakes. I may have to double up on the mix next time around.

And to top it off - did you know today is National Blueberry Pancake Day??? I had no idea - honestly. I just stumbled upon that little fact earlier today and had to laugh at the coincidence.

No comments: