Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making Life Too Hard

Q: Are you waiting for a Genius to tell you that you already have everything you need? Are you making it too hard? What are you waiting for?

That is the question posed at the end of a blog post I read the other day during my lunch break at work. Reading the article brought on what Oprah would call an "A-ha" moment. 

Self-doubt and negative thoughts have me convinced I am not capable of doing a lot of things I dream of doing. Comparing myself and my skills and talents to others has also done a number on my confidence.

I am tired of missing out on dream opportunities. And I no longer want to rely on the world's reassurance and confidence boost to motivate me to "go for it."

“His divine power has given us everything we need for life.” 2 Peter 1:3

It is time I convince myself God has already given me all I need. It is time I stop making everything too hard. It is time I stop taking the easy route in life because taking the easy way probably will not bring the true happiness and joy God's way will.