Saturday, January 4, 2014

After the Holidays

Christmas and New Year's Day have passed.We have all started to return to our normal schedules of school and work. The Christmas decorations have all been taken down. The boxes are still stacked in the hallway but I'm sure they will make it into the attic sometime this weekend. By the way I love how taking down the Christmas decor instantly makes the house look bigger and cleaner! And it is definitely winter with a high temp of only 42 for today. Other parts of the country have it much worse but I have to say, with the exception of only a couple of days, it has been a very cold start to our NC winter this year. Wonder if we'll get any of the white fluffy stuff??

Last night we had a nice warm evening in. Dinner was in the crockpot so I didn't have to come home from work and worry about that. Ed surprised me by coming home for lunch yesterday and washing all the dishes for me. My mouth dropped open when I walked into the kitchen yesterday evening and realized all the mess I had made that morning with prepping dinner for the crockpot, making lunches and breakfast had all been taken care of for me.

Gabrielle watched Star Wars IV: The New Hope for the first time last night. Samantha started out watching it with us but lost interest fairly early into the movie. She said she just didn't get it, went to her room and happily played there by herself for the next hour or so. Gabrielle was really into the movie. Ed and I were both surprised by just how much she enjoyed it. We only had to fast forward through a couple of parts - parts we didn't want to try to explain and parts that may be a little too scary/gory for her. Fortunately Ed is like most men and seems to have the entire trilogy memorized and was able to tell me in advance when I needed to skip a scene.

I'm hoping to spend the rest of the weekend in the same manner - just a nice easy weekend after the holidays!

No comments: