Sunday, January 5, 2014

Oceans (Where Feet may fail) Live CYW13 - Hillsong UNITED




This is such a beautiful song. After hearing it only once on the radio I wanted to hear - I had to hear it - over and over. Not just because it has a beautiful melody and is sung by someone with obvious talent and a beautiful voice but the message just hits me. It hits me to my very core to the point it often brings tears to my eyes. It is a powerful song with a powerful message. I couldn't help but share it.

My favorite part is towards the end, when the following verse is repeated several times:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savoir

I guess some would call this "conviction" - this pull I feel lately, this desire to spend more time with God, to obey Him, to trust Him, to follow His lead no matter how difficult the path. With Him it is possible to "walk upon the waters" - but what a scary step that first one is.


No comments: