Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cupcakes!!!

Has anyone seen the new Duncan Hines snack mixes? I discovered them yesterday at the grocery store. They now have snack cake mixes that yield 12 cupcakes so no longer do I have to use two 12-cup muffin tins in order to get 18 cupcakes just to use up the entire cake mix. Maybe no one else will find this as exciting as me but I was tickled when I found these.

Here are some video clips and photos of Gabrielle and I baking away yesterday. I see an Easy Bake Oven in our future for our little chef. If Gabrielle knew such a thing existed I'm sure I would never hear the end of it. Maybe it will be a nice Christmas surprise.

Gabrielle putting on the icing...



And now for the sprinkles...




Sorry for the poor video quality. I did not use my video camera - just my digital camera - which is why there is also no sound.

I am so impressed with the self-control Gabrielle exhibited while baking. Although she kept asking if she could, never once did she lick her fingers, spoon or bowl while we were mixing the cupcakes. She even waited until we were completely finished icing the cakes before she licked her little spatula.

The finished product - beautiful and tasty!!


Now if only Duncan Hines would also make snack size versions of the frosting. Do you know how tempting that half can of strawberry icing is sitting in my fridge???

2 comments:

Danielle Bridgers Banks said...

Gabrielle has a whole lot more control than I do!! I'm defintiely a finger licker especially when making cake!!!

Aunt Betsy said...

Yum! They sure look good!! You're right about Gabrielle's self control. I know some adults with no self control in that department but we won't be naming any names at this time!! :)