Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner with Friends

This Saturday we had our good friends, the Slocks, over for dinner. Casey and I have been friends for 11 years now. She has a little boy and a little girl pretty much the same ages as my girls. I'm a little bummed that I did not take any pictures of everyone but with two 3-year-olds running around and two babies who needed attention it was a little hectic.

I tried a new recipe for dinner - beef and cheese manicotti. It was from Giada De Laurentiis's "Everyday Italian" cookbook. I have had this cookbook for two years now and can you believe this is the first recipe I've tried from it? Crazy! I love Italian food and we have some sort of pasta dish on a weekly basis but for whatever reason I had not tried anything from the book until now. It was a perfect dish for guests because I was able to put it all together up to 8 hours in advance, cover and refrigerate it, so when Casey and Mike and the family arrived the only steps left were preheating the oven and baking. Everyone seemed to like it as well.

I may not have taken any photos myself but fortunately Ed did think to snap a few of Samantha and Anna in the playpen. I had really wanted to get one of them sitting on the couch together because they were so cute together and even had coordinating outfits but I guess I'll have to do better next time!!


blog signature

No comments: