Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Good Read

I finished another really good, yet short, novel yesterday - Max Lucado's "The Christmas Candle." It only took me a couple of hours to read so definitely a quick read but a great story about miracles, prayer and faith.



Another good children's story we read the other night is Mercer Mayer's "Little Drummer Mouse." This book is basically the story of the Little Drummer Boy only it is a mouse so there are obviously a few twists and changes, but such a great story as well.



We made another trip to the library today, to return some of the books we have already read once or twice, and to of course pick up one or two - okay, actually 10 more Christmas books and a random book about a dinosaur Gabrielle insisted on checking out. I also picked up a new book to read. I bought "Christmas at Harrington's" from my book club which I can start next or "A Simple Christmas" which I got from the library today. I'm not sure which I'll start next but I know it won't be tonight because I have to make a grocery list and gather all my coupons - exciting night, right?

No comments: