Friday, December 10, 2010

So Awesome!

One of my best Christmas memories growing up was taking our traditional rides to look at Christmas lights. I love it and insist on keeping the tradition going with my girls as well. Actually, even when it was just me and Ed, I made him take me for a ride just to look at lights. Ha! But now with the girls it is even more fun to see and hear their reactions, especially Gabrielle's.

Last week I decided to do a search to find some really cool must-see kind of local light displays and found Lake Myra Christmas. Tonight Ed and I surprised the girls after dinner to take them. It was a bit of a (sketchy) drive for us but it was well worth it. As we made our last turn into the neighborhood Gabrielle's face lit up with this beaming smile. She was speechless and in complete awe.

From My Little Sunbeams


I took a couple of pictures that do not do the display any kind of justice so you'll just have to believe me when I say the show was so awesome! The display is a 30-minute "show" of over 180,000 lights - yes, OVER 180,000 lights - set to music. The side of the road is taped off so you can either get out of your car and sit/stand to watch the show or you can tune your radio to the specified station and hear/see the show from your car. We started outside but the girls were shivering and I didn't feel like we had them bundled enough so we finished the show from the car.

From My Little Sunbeams


If you like Christmas lights definitely check out this website and definitely consider the drive out to see the display in person. I personally have never seen anything like it (except on HGTV maybe). It was so great and the girls LOVED it! And I should mention in one of the photos above the white specks that look like snow - it really is snow! They have an actual snow machine for part of the show!!!

No comments: