Friday, December 10, 2010

More Christmas Decor

Finally! Finally I finished one of the craft projects I had hoped to finish up last week. My first attempt at it just was not turning out the way I wanted so I ended up basically re-doing it. My friend Janie bought a handmade garland for her kitchen window. I can't remember the exact phrase of her garland now but it was squares of stamped letters that spelled out "joy" or "noel" or something of that sort. I loved it and have thought about it ever since. I decided I would try my hand at making my own and here is the result.

From My Little Sunbeams


As usual I went a little overboard and ended up making four different words and hung them throughout the house. The above "peace" is on our living room mantle.

In our kitchen:
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle's room (because she informed Ed the other day she did not have enough decorations in her room):
From My Little Sunbeams


Samantha's room (because we have to keep things fair and even you know):
From My Little Sunbeams


And now for just a cute little photo of the girls on the couch snuggled with their Christmas blankies:
From My Little Sunbeams


Gabrielle made some new decorations for outside today as well - birdseed ornaments! We found this idea in a Christmas craft book I bought for her from the school's Scholastic book order. It is Angelina Ballerina which Gabrielle adores. This particularly craft was so simple and a lot of fun. We're just waiting for everything to dry and harden enough to hang outside tomorrow on the porch for our little birdie friends.

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams



No comments: