Monday, December 6, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

Well after a bit of Christmas tree drama and issues and about a week of placing items here and there I have to say I'm pretty pleased with our decorations this year. I am still working on a couple of craft projects that I hope to be done with tonight or tomorrow and we still have a box of outdoor lights and garland to put up but that will have to wait for a day it is not 40 degrees with snow/ice on the ground and blustery winds.

Gabrielle loves the decorations and has declared this as the best Christmas ever. Let's hope this feeling remains throughout the entire Christmas season. And fortunately Samantha is not afraid of the tree like she was last year. Instead I am back to the days of all ornaments and decorations lower than 3 feet high being removed and placed all throughout the house. *smile*

Here is a glimpse of our little Christmas touches throughout our home...

From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

From My Little Sunbeams


This is the second year we are doing our countdown paper chain. So far it is going well. I simplified the daily activities even more this year to make the season more relaxed and the days more enjoyable for us all. Samantha is not able to do some of the activities and needs help with many of them but she is definitely enjoying the mini candy cane she gets every other day with our snowman countdown.
From My Little Sunbeams


And here are our poor snowmen who are awaiting repairs. Samantha loves them and hugs them and kisses them but she is also a bit destructive and rips their noses, buttons and even arms off. Once they are all fixed we'll have to find higher spots to place them.
From My Little Sunbeams


Our first activity on our chain this year was writing our letters to Santa. This year we opted to mail the letters. I'm hoping to get a reply from Santa. I've heard of some people receiving a reply as long as a legible return address is on the envelope so we'll just have to wait a few days and see what happens.
From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams


From My Little Sunbeams

No comments: