Monday, December 20, 2010

Peace On Earth December Challenge - Final Week!


Not even a full week before Christmas. I have really enjoyed these challenges. I still have certainly had my moments of being a little "crazy" and definitely stressed but I can honestly say I've had several moments where these challenges have forced me to stop, calm down, and think about what is really important.

I don't feel like this week's challenge will be as difficult for me because I already have less planned and scheduled to do this week.

Here's this week's challenge: Christmas is just 5 days away and so much of our time is often spent helping the children to remember the "Reason for the Season". Now it's our turn. Once the kids are in bed get yourself a HOT drink (again we are warming the body as we warm the soul.) Get ALONE and turn out the lights by your Christmas tree, a lit fire, or a candle and just be alone with God. Pray, talk to him, I encourage you to sing Christmas carols or songs praising him, and just rest with Jesus.
I think a moment like this sounds incredibly calming and I'm all for it! It probably won't happen tonight but I'm hoping I can manage a couple of nights this week for moments like this one - maybe one of alone time and one with my sweet hubby. *smile*

No comments: