Saturday, December 18, 2010

Early Morning

I have been awake now for almost 4 hours which means I have been awake since around 4:00 am. A little someone came into our room wanting to crawl in bed with us, which has become quite the regular event recently. After Ed and I each took a turn or two taking her back to bed and tucking her in, I found myself wide awake. I knew the television or computer would not lull me back to sleep for those precious couple of hours I longed for so I started a new book instead.

Needless to say, reading did not lull me back to sleep either. Almost 200 pages later, the book was finished, Ed had left for work and the sun was beginning to rise. I probably could have gone back to sleep at that point but I knew little ones would be stirring soon and I thought of the mile long to-do list I had written out last night before bedtime.

The book this time was "Christmas at Harrington's" by Melody Carlson - another can't-put-this-down-until-I-finish-it kind of book and a great story about forgiveness and the real meaning of Christmas.


Probably between 1:00 and 2:00 this afternoon, just as I am putting Samantha down for her nap - which she has been fighting more and more lately - I will hit a wall of exhaustion and need to take a little siesta myself. I just hope I have an extremely productive morning so I can give in and get a little rest.

No comments: